Contributors

Be with people who find you attractive

As an "ageing homosexual" recently turned 60 I find myself  becoming more and more invisible in the youth obsessed English speaking cultures I know. There have been a number of recent scarring events when some of my close gay friends ignored me in the pursuit of the younger and prettier.

Thankfully this is not the same in Latin and Asian countries or even in Europe generally.
This picture was taken by a 21 old female artist friend Morgan on a jaunt to Vicenza last summer.  

I couldn't contrast this more highly with the warm welcome I have received in recent catch ups with my school and university friends, all of them straight.

I am going to move towards kindness as the Sufi poet Rumi recommends and I will find people who find me attractive to be with, whatever their age, gender or orientation. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment