Contributors

Be with people who find you attractive

As an "ageing homosexual" recently turned 60 I find myself  becoming more and more invisible in the youth obsessed English speaking cultures I know. Thankfully this is not the same in Latin and Asian countries or even in Europe generally.
This picture was taken by a 21 old female artist friend Morgan on a jaunt to Vicenza last summer.   After a number of recent scarring events when some of my close gay friends ignored me in the pursuit of the younger and prettier.

I couldn't contrast this more highly withe warm welcome I have received in recent catch ups with my school and university friends, all of them straight.  I am going to move towards kindness as the Sufi poet Rumi recommends and I will find people who find me attractive to be with, whatever their age, gender or orientation. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment